I like how I’m doing all of the posts that most people would do at the end of the year, now. It might be because I am just suffering from writer’s block. I did have an idea for a Christmas post, but for some reason, I was having trouble writing it. So, I just decided to do this one instead, even though it is a few weeks early. Tonight, I am going to be sharing with you my bucket list for 2018. Or as my church’s pastor likes to call it my “vision list”. Something we are believing for to do or believing for to happen. Whether it be a few weeks from now, a few months from now, or even a few years from now. But since I couldn’t come up with anything else, I thought I would share.
Without further ado, lets get started!
My 2018 Bucket List!
- The first thing I would like to do is travel more. And the first place at the top of my list that I would love to visit, is Israel. I have heard stories from other people visiting on how when they return, they just don’t see things the same anymore. How amazing, how eye opening the trip was. Just to be able to see some of the things that Jesus may have seen when He was alive on earth. So yeah, the first thing I would love to do more is do more traveling-both across the United States and overseas.
2. A second thing I would love to do, I would like to go back to school at some point, and I have a few interests of fields I want to study: Philosophy, journalism with a focus in political science, history and even Bible. Yeah, strange mix of interests, I know. I’ve always thought a degree with Philosophy and history and Bible would be an interesting one to have, and since those areas are some of my favorites, I think I would actually like it and excel in those fields.
3. Something I have been wanting for a few years now is a golden retriever. They are my favorite dog breed, I just have never been able to get one due to well (1) financial reasons and (2) my mom has asthma. So, either I have to wait to get one until I move out on my own, or one day my mom could just be miraculously healed from asthma and not be allergic to dogs who shed.
4. I would also like to get a better car than the one I have. Its a 2000 Ford Taurus that we got from an elderly couple off of craigslist. What surprised me was how well this couple took care of it. If I remember it correctly, I think it started out as their car, then they got if for one of their kids, then their kid got a different car, and its just been sitting in their driveway ever since. But it was really clean (not as clean as it is now, believe me), and they had records of all of the work that was ever done on it. I have had a few (minor) issues with it since I got it, but it has been a pretty decent second car. It hasn’t broken down once, never been in an accident. I would just like a newer car some time in the future so that I could rely on it better, I guess.
5. One of the last things I’m hoping for is to move out on my own. I’m not really sure why, but I would love to live somewhere where it rains a lot and is overcast a lot. And I’m not sure why about this either, but I would like to move to Washington state. I have honestly thought about getting roommates, but I have a feeling that things would not go well. Being so most people my age probably like to party, drink or smoke or even do drugs. And also the fact that I am a quiet person who doesn’t really like to socialize all that much. I mean, I wouldn’t mind having roommates, but I honestly think I would be better off living by myself.
Anyway, its crazy to believe that Christmas is only two weeks away! It doesn’t even feel like December because there’s no snow. Well, what is something you guys are excited for in the coming new year?
Until next time.